Your safety is Reed MIDEM's absolute priority and we are in constant contact with the relevant authorities in Cannes to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place at our events.
All exhibitions taking place in Cannes, including MIPCOM, are introducing new security scanning gates outside the Palais des Festivals venue. We will do our utmost to make entry into the Palais as fluid and fast as possible, but we suggest that you allow yourself a little more time than usual to reach your meetings inside the Palais.
We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and cooperation
There will be several changes at MIPCOM, including new security points around the Palais des Festivals. To familiarize yourself with the location of the security checks and other practical information to help make your visit to MIPCOM and MIPJunior as easy and safe as possible, please click here.
Many MIPCOM clients travel to and from Cannes via the Nice Airport. The airport authorities have increased security measures to protect airport users. These include:
- As part of France’s “Operation Sentinel” military patrols within the terminals have been doubled.
- Video surveillance within the airport and its surroundings now numbers 1,000 cameras.
- Border police have increased the number of patrols they carry out within the terminals. These are in addition to the military patrols.
- The airport is equipped with new vehicle anti-intrusion measures.
The City of Cannes and the Palais des Festivals have taken a number of important steps to enhance security.
- Cannes was the first French city to conduct a comprehensive diagnosis of security involving the Palais des Festivals, local infrastructure and hotels, using a team of leading international security experts. Following this assessment, numerous recommendations have been implemented during such major events as the Cannes Film Festival, the Cannes Lions and Reed MIDEM events.
- The city and surrounding region carried out a security simulation exercise to coordinate action between the police, fire brigade, ambulance and hospital services.
- Cannes is authorized to increase security during MIPCOM to the maximum Level 4, meaning that City and Regional police will be fully mobilized throughout the event.
- Cannes is equipped with 512 security cameras, the highest ratio per inhabitant of any French city. They operate 24/7.
- The city has equipped itself with vehicle anti-intrusion spikes.
- The Palais des Festivals has conducted regular security preparedness exercises and has enlarged the surrounding security zones which are reserved for MIPCOM clients and contractors.
- Security meetings involving Reed MIDEM staff, the City of Cannes, the Police and the Palais des Festivals take place regularly prior to and during MIPCOM and MIPJunior.
Reed MIDEM has been organizing international events in Cannes since 1965. Our partnership and cooperation with Cannes is strong and together our priority is to make your stay in the city productive, enjoyable and safe. In addition, Cannes has extensive experience of hosting major international events including the 2011 G20 Summit of world leaders.
You are welcome to contact us if you have any questions.